About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Friday 21 July 2017

Journaling

I have been looking for ways to help me develop ideas and feel that I have achieved ssomething creative daily. The process is definately more important than an end result but it is nice to play and have something that you can use in a bigger piece of work and or pages that are complete.

There is alot out there to help you get started as I found when I looked on pinterest. After lots of "ahs" and "ooos" I made a start. It is esy to spend all your time on pinterest as the eye candy is never ending and I find I have to be very strict on my browsing time.

The main thread from reading about the art of journaling is to create background pages to avoid that blank page looking up at you. I have worked with young children for many years and so have a number of paint techniques up my sleeve but still found a number on line which I am excited to try.

There is a whole industry out there which is geared to journaling and can provide resources from stencils to pens. I discovered Jane Davenport who has a beautiful blog with lots of tutorials aswell as goodies to purchase. I have one of her books which is well crafted and provides step by step clear instructions and tips.

I have bought some new pens but have found that I have already accumulated a lot of  empheria
and have paints and pastels so it hasn't been a costly exercise.


    The ladies were a result of a Jane Davenport idea of starting with a blobby loose paintery drawing and finding a face in it. I think it worked reasonably well . I took my journal on hols to Germany and
have a travel section which I have collaged and included a sketch of a cormorant. We saw lots of them on a boat trip along the Mosel. I tried to capture them with my camera but failed miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment