About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Sunday 23 July 2017

Knitting

I learnt to knit when I was in primary school.The first item I made was a knitted ball. By very clever rolling I was able to hide the holes and the fact that I gained at lest 3 stitches every row.

I was determined when I found I was expecting my first child to knit a layette and I managed it. I still have all the knitting patterns and pictures of all three of my girls wearing an array of hand knits.
They have spent a lot of time laughing at the photographs of themselves thro' the eighties sporting what would have been very chic when I lovingly crafted them. The various outfits, glasses and hairstyles sported by their adoring parents I can't begin to justify!
My hand knitting is pretty average but I love textiles and have to say I possess a large stash of wool which I have sworn to use before purchasing any more ..... unless I really need to.

I love sewing and I love knitting but I hate sewing up my knitting , which is puzzling but true.
I have been knitting in the evening but of late have struggled with the light as my daughter's colour choices for our grandson have been darker colours . I bought a LED light and this has been a real boost.
Something I am working on , which hopefully will be a quick project!  

A navy jacket using a 1940's pattern . The buttons are vintage from the forties. I have a large button collection and I have to force myself to use them on projects. Feeling pleased that I am sticking to the plan and using up my resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment