About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Photography

I have always loved cameras. My dad and his brother Bernard had a collection and could talk cameras all day. My husband has an interest in photography and he is far more technical than I am. I have an eye for a good shot and can take a reasonable photograph more by accident than good management.
Dad gave me a number of his cameras and I have used an old cannon for years but it is getting more difficult and costly to get the films developed. My daughter Connie has the bug and now has a collection of her own.

My husband persuaded me to buy an all singing and dancing NIKON, which I am trying to get to grips with. A photography course is probably what is needed but I am trying to develop skills with help from Mr Forever, (my husband ), who is also known as Mr Lindsay in Brazil and more recently as Captain America. Yes- Captain America .. it must be true as it is recorded and written beautifully, I must add , in my grandaughter's daily book. It has also been marked by "Miss".which is all the verification that anyone could need.

I have to say that the best photos from all my travels have been taken on my iphone, which is a massive fail but I will persist. I find the responsibility of carrying the precious , expensive camera  a headache and it is also heavy after a day hiking around. I would love to take some good wildlife shots
and funky street photography.

On our last trip we visited a lovely house and garden in Wurzburg called die Residenz. A few scantily clad steam punk folk were having a photo shoot and were looking quite incongruous in their Alice in Wonderland dresses , corsets, fishnet and hats - marvellous! I wasn't brave enough to ask to take some pics.

I'm off to dark and moody Haworth very soon and I believe
it will be raining so Ive been researching my f numbers and ISO ready for the challenge. Should all else fail I will have my iphone with me.
A page from my journal :  

No comments:

Post a Comment