About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Friday 15 September 2017

Joined a rock group

Not a band sadly! The rocks I painted have been found but not appeared on the local group which is ok as someone must have decided to keep them. I have painted a few more and have varnished them ready to hide.

I have been reading some negative press about this new trend but feel that as I am not taking rocks from the environment, using harmful paints and not adding collage which could could cause wildlife injury and I am leaving them in urban places and not littering the country side that I am being responsible.

My health has been compromised by use of solvents and so have substituted all nasty products and so hopefully I wont encounter any further health hazards whilst painting.
I have chosen to paint a few characters from my childhood which has offered me the opportunity to revisit the stories of my youth . Ive just reread Emil and the detective as well as the family from one end street and just william.
You can see the cardigan that I have been knitting for one of the younger members of our family in the background. 

This rabbit took only a short time to complete 

Milly Molly Mandy -yes I'm that old !

A few sketches before I committed to the rock painting 
Progress with journal entry - still not finished this page 

No comments:

Post a Comment