About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

At home ........

I love all things vintage but as I am living in a modern house have tried to blend old with new, as I couldn't live without the TV, lap top etc. My bedrooms are where I display most of my treasures, so our rather large dog is not in danger of sweeping them onto the floor with his tail.

Note the pocket watch which has been beautified and filled with perfume. It was made by my youngest daughter. Check out how she did this on her blog Everything's blue. She is listed as one of my followers.
The jewellry  box is an old wooden box, which I lined with silk, and then  collaged an old family photograph of my mum and auntie, plus a piece of vintage lace, to the inside of the lid. The collage has been tea dyed to age it.
The pink and white dressing table set was bought at a Summer Fair, and was a bargain. The card was for my Birthday and is a 1930s repro.

No comments:

Post a Comment