About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Saturday 17 March 2012

I'm a grandma

A very busy week. I now have my first grandchild! I will not be posting pics on my blog, but have to say that she is absolutely gorgeous. I have been buzzing with ideas for all things that I am going to make for her.
I have worked with children for many years and I am passionate about supporting children to be creative and experiment.
 Paper, paint, glue , nature -sooo many things to play with -can't wait!

Spent time in Oxford and took a few photos. This is where I raised my family and the place our  granddaughter will call home.


My husband had to go into London for work whilst we were in Oxford and so we used the opportunity to do some " baby must have" shopping., and to visit that mecca of loveliness which is Liberty.....



I bought some red rowan wool, which was a cotton mix,  to make a cardi for our Millie,
and buttons ...... another passion of mine






We also spent time in Fortmans  in the baby and toys section. I couldn't resist Elmer, a favourite with my children when they were little.



Fantastic displays in store. I found some inspiration for the Queens Diamond Jubilee, as part of my job is to make displays around the Nursing Home. We have lots of stairs but not as grand as these.
 My husband bought some coffee and teas which were in splendid commemorative tins. Why I,m not sure, as neither of us are Royalists,  but were drawn to the display and had to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment