About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Saturday 12 August 2017

A wet weekend

I have hurt my knee and have been unable to tackle the mammoth fence painting - what a shame! I decided to do light housework and then have a go at re -painting Paul after his acrylic fix. The painting was difficult and had I been only re painting him I would have been able to make a reasonable job of it. I had read that this kind of repair was always noticeable and it is but it is an improvement on how he looked when I bought him. Salutary lesson - don't by badly chewed vintage dolls.


I painted another lady for my journal based on three tutorials I found on line. I have been using and practising faces from the Jane Davenport book and have watched several u-tube tutorials from people who favour her style. Just showing half a face made it easier and several individuals are reflecting colours in both hair and eyes, which is a good tip.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment