About Me

My photo
My name is Anne-Marie and I hail from Bolton, Lancashire. This is my first foray into blogging. I hope to record what inspires me and anything that makes it past the drawing board!. I recently retired and so have lots more time to play.

Wednesday 9 August 2017

We have the power to rebuild him

No it isn't the six million dollar man but Paul, Sindy's boyfriend from the sixties. He was apparently based on Paul McCartney but I can't see it. I managed to purchase one from ebay and also found a mod outfit which was in reasonable condition.
He had faults, which included crumbling fingers  and a chewed nose. I decided to attempt to repair him as I have purchased  paint and thought it was time to have a go. I have used acrylic filler for the job , which is toxic.
I wouldn't like to be working with it regularly. I worked in a well ventillated rom but it was still very difficult. I need to file and shape when it has cured and then look at a repaint.
The clthes i purchased have washed well and I have some small repairs to do .
The weather has been awful but I have managed some photography as we have been walking in the local nature reserves and I have been practising at home in the garden between heavy showers.




After a rainy day and breathing in nasty fumes a lovely walk was in order - Scotton Nature Reserve 

George scowled all day -he doesn't like it damp !

My lovely nasturtiums have had the rain and a host of these little chaps to deal with this summer 
This little fellow posed for me whilst I struggled with focus and shutter speed 

Paul's suit now has no fusty smell !
Paul looking a little strange but hopefully I will be able to
shape and file his new nose and fingers. The painting will be  difficult as he may look like he has been "tangoed"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment